Spelthorne Borough Council will be redeveloping the car park on Victory Close in Ashford into 100% affordable housing with key workers having priority allocation.
The first of its kind for the Borough, this brand new development will be 100% affordable housing, highlighting this Councils commitment to build homes for its residents and in particular for our ‘key workers’ in the Borough. By committing to 100%, Spelthorne Borough Council are leading the way in ensuring homes are provided for its communities. Key workers will have priority allocation of all the houses and flats once they become available and the Council has also entered in to a Memorandum of Understanding with Ashford & St. Peter’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The development will provide a total of 127 Homes, including 5 family homes, 8 three-bedroom family flats, 78 two-bedroom flats and 36 one-bedroom flats, all with car parking and amenity space.
The homes will be built to a high specification and incorporate a number of design innovations:-
- an efficient Energy Centre providing a cost effective district heating system
- electric vehicle charging points to meet demand both now and in the future
- photo voltaic cells to generate solar power
- a ‘gold standard’ security-focused design to deter crime
- ‘natural surveillance’ features to create a safe and open environment